Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Momofuku

Last year on a trip to New York, a friend had recommended that I eat at one of the Momofuku restaurants in the East Village, I hadn't taken much thought to the recommendation simply because the choice of restaurants in NY is pretty overwhelming. After getting a little lost in the City I stumbled upon Momofuku SSam bar (American food with plenty of ethnic crossover) Despite having that too cool for school look it still seemed very inviting so I decided that was where I would have one of several dinners for the enening. I ordered a beer and a few appetizers including their famous steamed pork buns and the fried brussels sprouts with fish sauce vinaigrette. Momofuku serves their dishes Izakaya style (meaning that each dish arrives whenever it is ready) but everything seemed to arrive at my table at just the right time. After one bite of the delicious tender steamed pork bun I knew that the hype was well deserved and after another order, I knew I had to recreate this recipe for my friends. One year later the Momofuku Cookbook arrived at The Cookbook Co. The back cover even has a picture of said pork buns and I can't wait to recreate my Momofuku experience for my friends at home!



Momofuku is available at The Cookbook Co. for $49.00 and in my opinion, it's the perfect last minute foodie gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

page counters