Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Popcorn!


Popcorn, a classic in most people's eyes, doused in either real butter (if you're making it at home) or butter "flavoured" topping at the cinema, I don't think I know anybody who doesn't enjoy chowing down on a big ol' bucket. On a recent trip to a food show in San Francisco I noticed a huge trend - Gourmet popcorn. I lost count of all the stalls trying to push what they claimed to be the best popcorn in the world, but I'm always a sucker for good packaging and unusual flavour combinations, just like the ones they had at 479° popcorn. Based out of San Francisco, these guys know how to make the best out of the otherwise ordinary fluffy little snack. With flavours like "Black Truffle and White Cheddar", "Madras Curry Coconut" and my personal favourite "Pimenton de La Vera" made with smoked paprika. We've just received our first shipment, there's lots of every flavour and you should definitely come down and pick some up. The best thing is, the boxes are just small enough to sneak into the movie theatre, not that I would know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

page counters